Welcome back to my kitchen. Today, I’m thrilled to share with you a cilantro lime rice in rice cooker recipe for cilantro lime rice that rivals the big restaurant chains. The best part? It’s made from scratch, super budget-friendly, and incredibly delicious.
- Make your own cilantro lime rice at home for a fresh, hassle-free experience.
- Enjoy restaurant-quality rice without spending big – this recipe is budget-friendly.
- Let your rice cooker handle the cooking, making the process simple and hands-free.
- Choose between cilantro or parsley based on your taste preferences.
- Create perfectly seasoned, fluffy rice that’s a delight to the senses.
Cilantro Lime Rice in Rice Cooker
To make cilantro lime rice in a rice cooker, combine 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water (remove 1 tablespoon), and 2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl, add chopped cilantro, and drizzle with lime juice, adjusting to taste.
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon less than two (for a slightly scant ratio)
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro (or fresh parsley for those cilantro skeptics)
- Rice cooker or stovetop
- Large mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Citrus juicer or hand squeezer
- Rice paddle or flat implement for handling rice
I'm excited to share this Cilantro Lime Rice in Rice Cooker recipe with you, so let's dive in!
Step 1: Preparing the Rice
- In your rice cooker, combine 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of water (remove 1 tablespoon for a slightly scant ratio). Add 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- If cooking on the stovetop, bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and let it simmer until the water is absorbed (approximately 18 minutes). For the rice cooker, simply let it do its magic.
Step 2: Prepping Additional Ingredients
While the rice is cooking, juice one lime. Chop approximately 1 cup of fresh cilantro (or opt for fresh parsley if you're not a cilantro fan).
Step 3: Cooking the Rice
Once your rice cooker finishes its job, carefully transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl, ensuring not to squish it.
Step 4: Adding Flavor
- Sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the rice.
- Begin by pouring the juice of half a lime over the rice. Taste and adjust according to your preference. You can always add more lime juice if needed.
Step 5: Perfecting the Seasoning
Ensure the rice is well-seasoned with the cilantro and lime flavor. It should be vibrant without overwhelming the palate.
Step 6: Enjoying the Results
Take a moment to appreciate the fluffy, well-seasoned rice. Each grain should be separate and infused with the delightful cilantro and lime essence.
Can I use brown rice instead of white rice for cilantro lime rice?
Brown rice can be used as a healthier alternative. Remember that the cooking time may need adjustment, so follow the package instructions for brown rice.
What if I don’t have a rice cooker? Can I make this on the stovetop?
Yes, you can! Follow the same steps for the stovetop method mentioned in the video. Bring the rice and water to a boil, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed, approximately 18 minutes.
Can I substitute cilantro with parsley if I do not like cilantro?
Fresh parsley is a fantastic alternative that still adds a bright and fresh flavor to the dish without the cilantro taste.
How do I store leftover cilantro lime rice?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, add a splash of water and heat in the microwave or stovetop.
Can I make a larger batch for a crowd?
Simply double or triple the ingredients based on the servings you need. Adjust the lime and cilantro quantities to taste.
Does the lime juice make the rice too tangy?
The lime juice adds a refreshing, tangy flavor but should be manageable. Start with half a lime’s juice, taste, and add more if desired. The goal is to balance the citrusy notes with the cilantro.
Can I freeze cilantro lime rice?
While rice can be frozen, the texture may change slightly upon thawing. If freezing, store in a freezer-safe container for up to a month. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat as needed, adding some water if necessary.
What dishes pair well with cilantro lime rice?
Can I use bottled lime juice instead of fresh lime?
Fresh lime juice is recommended for the best flavor, but bottled lime juice can be used in a pinch. Adjust the quantity to taste, as bottled juice may vary in intensity.
There you have it – homemade cilantro lime rice that’s quick, easy, and irresistibly delicious. Say goodbye to the expensive restaurant chains and hello to the satisfaction of creating this dish at home. If you found this recipe helpful, don’t forget to comment bellow.