How to use bone-removing tweezers? Many people, when cutting fish, face such a problem as removing the bones. In this case, it is best to purchase and use tweezers to remove bones from the fish. Thanks to it, you can now easily clean the fillet with a tweezer without spending a lot of time. Read the article to find out more about this tool.
Device and Purpose of the Device
Fish tweezers look like ordinary tongs. The difference between cosmetic and special tongs is that fish tweezers are wide, so it is convenient to use them for .
Yes, you can also use cosmetic tweezers. Only in this case, it will be inconvenient for you. Therefore, purchasing a special tool that does its job and is relatively cheap is best.
Such a device perfectly cleans only certain fish fillets, so many buyers are disappointed when they see that the tool allegedly does not perform its functions. Due to the tool’s ” non-universality,” buyers often write bad reviews under the product.
- You can use the tool to clean red salmon and herring fillets.
- Well cleaned sea redfish from small bones
- They cannot clean the river fish. It has small bones in the form of a checkmark or a fork. So when you grab the fillet and pull out the bone, it will become out along with pieces of meat.
Note!!! More importantly, it would be best if you only used this equipment for its intended purpose.
There are 2-types of fish tweezers:
- Regular tweezers for cleaning fish
- Curved tongs for removing bones from meat
The difference lies in the shape of their metal layers. Curved tongs for removing fish bones are more convenient to work with when a person is sitting at a table. Simple tongs are easier to work with while standing in front of the kitchen table.
What to Consider When Choosing? – How to Use Bone-removing Tweezers?
If you are going to purchase tweezers for cleaning fish from bones, pay attention to the following parameters:
- Tool material.
- Ease of use.
- The width of the gripping strips (“claws”).
Culinary tongs should be made of durable, heat-resistant, comfortable material that will not spoil the taste of food and will not suffer when interacting with water, household chemicals, and salt.
- The ideal material would be stainless steel, which meets all the requirements above.
- You can purchase plastic tongs, which can deteriorate when interacting with chemicals. In addition, fish bones will pop out of the “claws.”
Metal tweezers are convenient and practical.
Ease of use
It would be best if you chose a convenient and elastic tool that will be pleasant. To pull out quickly and efficiently, you need the ends of the “claw” to close quickly and easily.
If you make a lot of effort to close them, you will spend a lot of effort cleaning. In addition to this, your fingers will quickly get tired from such a load.
The ends should be adjacent so small bones do not slip out when cleaning the fish.
The iron plates with which a person holds the bone must be wide so that the bones do not fall out. For this reason, conventional manicure supplies are not suitable for deboning fish. It is worth checking whether the structure has loosened since, with such a defect, it will be inconvenient to clean the meat from the bones.
The length of a fish cleaning tweezer is usually between 7 and 13 cm. It will be best if you pick the length depending on your convenience. You should try using forceps to see if you are comfortable. As a rule, cleaning small carcasses from small bones with small tweezers of the correct shape is more convenient.
The shape of the tweezers is standard and wavy. The standard form has the form of tweezers with straight plates. Wavy is slightly curved. Simple ones are more convenient when standing in front of the table, and wavy tweezers are easier to use while sitting at the kitchen table. The tweezers should be firm and fit well.
Next are the popular models of fish tongs that consumers like the most. Find out their pros and cons. By comparing the best models of tongs, you can choose your favorite model, which you can purchase.
Popular models of fish tongs:
- Tweezers BSF is comprised of the best stainless steel. Durable, it is convenient for them to pull out bones, and the tool does not slip out of their hands. It is intended for clarification of sea fish with small bones.
- Fish bone tweezers Fiskars “Functional Form.” It is silver in color and made of stainless steel. Easily hooks and pulls bones out of fish fillets. One drawback is that it does not compress easily for everyone, so some people will find it uncomfortable to use.
- WESTMARK tongs for deboning fish fillets are made from stainless material. Their advantage is in wide plates that compress well. So the bones from the fish are pulled out easily and efficiently.
- TESCOMA Presto tool for seafood. The set consists of a bowl and tweezers. The case protects against the ingress of bacteria. In addition, it is easy to find forceps in such a package than without them.
- Gefu tweezers are made from durable stainless steel. The tweezers themselves are shaped like fish. The manufacturer says that you can use it to remove bones and clean bird carcasses from feathers.
How to Use?
Using tweezers is simple – pick up the tongs and close them, taking the bone entirely with the “claw.” The bone is easy to pull out if it hasn’t broken.
Some subtleties of use:
- You need to pull the bone gradually so that it does not break.
- It is better to pull out the bone in the direction of the location of the bone. The fish are more likely to slip, so place a slightly damp cloth under the cutting board to keep the fish board from falling.
- The board must be dry.
- For cutting fish, it is best to take a silicone board since the smell is not absorbed. In addition, it does not slide very much on the surface. After using the cutting board, wash it with detergent.
- It’s enough to clean the tweezers with soap and water.
So, you have learned what fish tweezers are for, how to use them correctly, and their advantages and disadvantages. With this information, you’ll be able to choose the right tweezers for removing the bones from meat.
Hello! I’m Paula Deen, a mother who loves to create memories in the kitchen. As a kitchen enthusiast, I love to do experiment with different kitchenware for daily recipes. This is my blog, where I’ll share my experience, knowledge, and reviews on various kitchenware and appliances.